Skip to main content

I need advice...a free consultation...PLEASE!!!

Sacramento, CA |

Custody of my child was taken by a judge who didn't even review my documents proving that I have been the sole provider and only participating parent because I used the term "my son". His father had not been an active part of his life. There was never an "ours". He is being taken care of by his grandparents now, not his father. Now that family is making false accusations to the welfare dept for a period of time (5 yrs ago) that I was falsifying information to collect aid. I believe these are tactics to further impugn me in front of the custody court. I told the truth in court, I had documentation, the judge did not care. I was underage, my son is the product of statutory rape. I have never wanted to hurt this man, but his abuse current actions have me scared. What do I do? Help!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I'm sorry to hear your situation is so difficult. I do not practice in Sacramento, so cannot help myself. I suggest you contact Legal Aid and VLSP for some pro bono help. Both of these organizations work with clients who cannot afford private attorneys Here's are two links for you:



Thank you Erik. You are the only one that responded. I appreciate your help immensely!


Consult with Legal Aid if there is an office in your area. Or a legal clinic at the local lawq school.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer