Skip to main content

I need additional evidence for removal of conditions I-751?

Columbia, MD |

So my US citizen husband and I filed for the ROC on March 11, 2013. We included as part of our evidence the following: joint account statements, my insurance policy at work showing that he is a beneficiary (since his work does not provide health insurance), Costco membership cards, credit card bills addressed to our home, our 2011/2012 tax returns, and pictures. I received in the mail yesterday a RFE. Here is my problem:They seem to be seeking more financial evidence to prove we have liabilities and responsibilities together. We live in an apartment, but because of his extremely poor credit, and criminal history(not burglary, or assault, was an honest mistake, will explain) the lease was only put under my name.Other than that I don't know what else we can show to prove we share finances.

The cars we own are only under his name because when we got the car back in 2011 I had just started work a few months prior and had no credit. The 2nd car we own is through his work so it is under his name and the company. Because of him not being on the lease, we had the cable/internet and the bge bills under my name.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yes, you definitely need To submit more documentary evidence proving your lives together as a married couple. I strongly recommend that you hire a licensed immigration lawyer to assist you with all this.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.



Well what else can I give?


Yes you definitely need more evidence. When you receive a RFE it is best to have an attorney prepare your response.

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.


You must respond to the RFE.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Try photos and affidavits of third parties, particularly his relatives.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.