Skip to main content

I need a lawyer who can handle a business litigation case based on commission

San Jose, CA |

We have an unpaid amount of $150 k of unpaid bill based on a service agreement rendered the customer is trying to find ways to avoid the payments. the current lawyer taking in charge the case reached the point to bring it to the court for final arbitrage but is not willing to work based on commission. we are looking for someone who is willing to continue with us on this case and get paid based on commission. we will provide (20 to 25% ) of the collected amount will be paid as a compensation based on the lawyer background in business litigation. the case is well documented and we have all the proofs. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you feel ready to take this case in charge.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


There is no way to respond to you that is not client solicitation on a site such as Avvo. It is up to you to use the Find a Lawyer button at the top and at the bottom of this page. I think you percentage is low.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.


You will be hard pressed to find a lawyer to take on a contingency alone. Perhaps a hyrbrid-partial contingency and partial hourly-.

Kevin Samuel Sullivan

Kevin Samuel Sullivan


I handle these cases all the time. The problem is without a personal guarantee you are on shaky ground since the business can always go under.


Your solicitation violates the Terms of Use of this site. No lawyer will contact you directly. Try your county's lawyer referral service.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.


You should pick from one of the fine attorneys listed on Avvo.

Your particular situation may be different. This answer is intended for information purposes only. No Attorney-Client relationship has been established. I am an attorney in the Bay Area.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer