Skip to main content

I need a lawyer for free please to help my fiancé. He was charged with assault family impeding breathe in Johnson County.

Cleburne, TX |

He has two past felonies, and we cannot afford a lawyer. I'm struggling to find the best advice, the officers misstated our case. He did not choke me. Please help I dunno what to do, I fear he will be charged and in prison for 5 years or more.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If he cannot afford a lawyer, the court will appoint one. If he is out on bond, he will have to apply to see if he qualifies. As soon as you find out who his court appointed attorney is, contact her. She may be able to prevent the indictment by including a statement from you in a presentation to the Grand Jury. If this presentation is successful, the case is over.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


If your fiance is indigent, he WILL be appointed a lawyer. i find that appointed lawyers are more often better than cheap lawyers who have no idea what they are doing. Generally, you get what you pay for.

If you are the complainant, you should seek counseling for yourself. The police do not generally make up allegations in these situations, and even if they are not exactly on, you were assaulted by him.....

Cynthia Henley

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer