Skip to main content

I need a lawyer; Am I justified to file a complaint against my previous Employer, for wrongful termination,distrimination, retal

Las Vegas, NV |

I was wrongfuly terminated, workinging in hostile work place, and retalated against, after I repeatedly told managers, and directors what was going between me an another employee, who intentionally ran into me twice in one day, causing injury to my neck, blade, and shoulder. I made manager aware the next day of what happen, they never told me to fill out a accident report, I filed workmans comp, I was denied, I filed an appeal; the Judge stated she viewed the tape where employee intentionally ran into me twice. but she did not see any wrong doings,but what tape did she view, I requested numberous times to view he tape, but I was denied each time, with different excuses of why. Later I filed a EEO, a letter was sent to the employer, they were not to move me, l was their top Sales Person.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You may certainly have a wrongful termination claim, depending upon what was going on between you and the other employee. Also, you may have some other claims against your employer based upon the negligent and/or intentional acts of its other employee. Normally, an employee who is injured in the workplace may only receive workers' compensation benefits and cannot sue the employer. However, in you case, those benefits were denied, so depending on the circumstances you may have the right to sue your employer for those injuries as well.

Naturally if you would like to get specific answers, you will need to provide specific facts. If you would like, I would be more than happy to provide you with a free consultation.

Good luck.

If you found this information helpful, please click the up arrow below. Please note I am only licensed to practice law in Nevada. My response is simply a comment to your the law related question. My comments and postings are NOT legal advice or opinions. Additionally, my comments and postings to your question and/or my follow up comments and postings do NOT create an attorney-client relationship between us. In forums such as these all the facts and issues are not clear and therefore you cannot rely upon what I have written. If you would like sound legal advice regarding Nevada law, then please contact me to set up a consultation where we can discuss additional pertinent facts and issues which will allow me to provide you with some guidance. If after our consultation you would like me to provide legal services for you, then you will need to hire me as your attorney. Thereafter, we can review all the facts, documents, evidence, and issues in order to provide you with sound legal advice and service. Thank you and good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer