I need a contract to be reviewed. What kind of lawyer would I need to go to?

Edmond, OK |

I need a contract to be reviewed that I signed and want to know if there are any loopholes so what lawyer would be best for me ? (Business, contract, employment, or litigation?)

Just depends on the contract's subject matter. A lawyer you specializes in the area for which your contract related is your best bet. Can you provide some more information about the contract?

This is an advertisement, is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice. The material posted on this website is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship, and readers should not act upon it without seeking professional counsel. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Please view http://www.sansonelawpllc.com/disclaimer/ for full disclaimer.

Non disclosure and non compete

Bruce E. Burdick

Bruce E. Burdick

Likely an intellectual property law attorney will be best.

Look for a lawyer in that area of businsess

Bruce E. Burdick

Bruce E. Burdick

Likely an intellectual property law attorney is what you need.

In your additional comments you indicates your concern on non-compete provisions and non-disclosure provisions in a contract.

With limited exception, Oklahoma courts won't enforce non-compete clauses, provided your not trying to compete improperly. Examples of this would be taking proprietary information from your employment or directly soliciting their customers using the information you lifted from your prior employment.

Non-disclosure language is a different creature, and can be enforced in many instances.

Before placing yourself at risk, definitely sit down with counsel for a review of language and your goals, lest your loop hole end up resembling an expensive noose.

You should see an intellectual property law attorney or employment law attorney in your state. Either one should have the skill set to help you. You can find one using the Find A Lawyer tab near the top of the page.

I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Free advice here is without recourse and any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk. This is done without compensation as a free public service. I am licensed in IL, MO, TX and I am a Reg. Pat. Atty. so advice in any other jurisdiction is strictly general advice and should be confirmed with an attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.

You would be safe to use either a Contracts/Agreements Attorney or an Intellectual Property Attorney to review your contract and let you know what you need to do. Best of luck.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.