I need a civil rights attorney williing to sue CA. dept. of correction. Its an air tight case! constitution & civil rights viol.

Roseville, CA |

Guards at prison in ca. set me up and had 3 inmates assault me, causing me Great bodily injury. I have proof that I knew about the assault, set up by the Guards before it happened. I filed a complaint, on the guards b4, etc. On numerious forms, I told administration about the rouge guards and the hit against me. pre-assult i disclosed 2 administration that prison guards have put my life in jeopardy and any day im going to be assaulted and maybe killed, my life is in jeopardy and im scared for my life. Long story short, exactly what I said was going to happen, happened. I took all the documents I submitted to the prison administration predated before the assault, proving my 602's & inmate requests asking 4 help where ignorned. 3rd level 602 exhausted time 4 a law suit. Slam dunk case!

Best Answer

Try avvo's 'find a lawyer option'--this question and answer section is a poor substitute for help wanted ads.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

You disclosed enough information to show that you do have a possible case. You should contact a local attorney in your area.

How long ago did this happen? (statute of limitation is important, the statute of limitation to file a claim against a public entity is 6 months in CA)

What are your damages? the total... (you need high damages to make a case worth while to pursuit because the legal fees i.g. court cost, deposition, filing fees etc., will be expensive.)

Save all of your answers to these questions for your potential attorney. Consult a civil rights attorney for free.

btw the California Department of Correction has a claim form: public entity claims form you must fill out to them within a 6 month period of your incident. You do not want to blow the 6 months statute of limitation. You can get their form online.

If you can not find an attorney, you should contact John Burris (an experienced bay area Civil Rights attorney).

Goodluck!

*Disclaimer: This response does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and I. I am not your lawyer and I am not representing you in the underlying issue stated in your question. The response I have offered is not intended to be relied upon, you should seek out an attorney to assist in this matter. You may contact me directly at (415) 362-6765 ext.120; website: www.wc-advocateforjustice.com. (Attorney for Law Offices of William E. Weiss)

Wendy Ha Chau

Wendy Ha Chau

Preserve your evidence. Please save all evidence, take pictures, get witnesses information, and all documents relating to this incident.

i got it all. just need a lawyer. thanks 4 the advive

Wendy Ha Chau

Wendy Ha Chau

I got your email and phone calls. Your case is very complex and so I think you should contact John Burris or Price and Associate (they are in Oakland, CA). These attorneys dealt with the California Department of Correction before. You can also try attorney Matt Becker, he is located in Sacramento. Good-luck and best wish.

thank you wendy! youre a saint. I will contact all the people u recommended.

Wendy Ha Chau

Wendy Ha Chau

You are welcome. The California Department of Correction is a very powerful entity and I think you should contact the big guys for this. Maybe in the future I will take cases like this. I eventually can do it but I am not ready to tackle that on my own, otherwise I would have taken your case. :) Good-luck!

thank you. hopefully someone picks it up.

There are many excellent civil rights attorneys, practicing in your area, right here on Avvo. Let me know if you need help finding one. (I can walk you through the steps.)

Hello. You commented on mm posting about ca. Dept of corrections setting me up and getting me jumped. You said you could help put me in touch with a civil rights attorney in my area. That would be awsome. I've got so much documented proff associated with my case. It would really impress any attorney. They would definitely know when they see what I got that they wouldn't be wasting there time if they took my case. So yes, please help me find an attorney in my area. I'm in Roseville ca. Next to Sacramento. Thank you so much for your time and attention..

Your factual summary is shocking and, if all of this is true and provable, you have a case that merits the attentions of skilled and experienced legal counsel. But, please, for your own best interests, let go of the "airtight" business. There is no such thing, and those kinds of notions can interfere with your ability to obtain the skilled and effective legal services that you need and deserve. Experienced and gifted attorneys know that there are a million ways to lose a case, even the best case. ItEvery lawsuit is a 3-party wrestling match and the court and the opposing party will inevitably score in some rounds. Your attorney won't appreciate the added pressure of your view that the case is airtight, and the court and opposing party won't buy into that characterization for even a second. So just put your head down, get a great lawyer, move forward step by step, and at the end, if you are successful, acknowledge that it was a difficult and daunting obstacle course that might not have been successfully run but for the skill and art of your lawyer.

Good luck to you.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

thanks 4 advice.

You should not be telling your lawyer you have a slam dunk case but rather asking for legal advice. The best I know in the area of prisoners' rights are Mark Seplow and Jim DeSimone in Venice CA.

Yes sir thank u for the advice. I would be very interested in contacting those to lawyers. Do you have a ph

Do u have a phone number for then. Thank you.

Robert Pecco Baker

Robert Pecco Baker

I sent the # to you