Skip to main content

I need a attorney to take up my auto accident case. I cannot find a attorney, Need to negotiate a settlement with insurance

Manassas, VA |

The other party was ticketed for causing the accident. The air bags deflated and I could not see immediately and for some reason the car was backing and I had no control. I backed up to the apartment complex about 1000 feet away and hit 2 more cars that was parked. My face was bleeding and my eyes were scratched up pretty badly. I was taken to the hospital. The insurance company contacted and they seemed very friendly. My son was in the back seat. The insurance company paid for pain and suffering for my son and damage to the car. I had My treatment for almost 1 year. The insurance company wanted to pay just $4000. Nothing for pain and suffering. I contacted an attornay and now after 6 months , the attorney does no want to forward with th case. I need help. I am being honest and need hel

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8


Sorry, but proving a legally viable case is very difficult. I assume your son had a different attorney than you. Perhaps that attorney can make a recommendation. Your son's guardian for that case can contact the attorney. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


When did your accident happen? I believe the statute of limitations for personal injury actions in VA is 2 years which mean the time period in which you can bring a lawsuit from the date of accident. If this were my case I would immediately send the insurance company a detailed demand for compensation relative to your injuries with a time deadline to respond. If they did not respond within the time deadline I would file suit. I am licensed in NY and WA however I sometimes take cases on a visitor status or pro hoc vice. I would be happy to speak with you about your case and put you on the right track free of charge. I also regularly work with attorneys who are not located in my state for situations like yours. If you email me your phone number I will call you today. My email is

Best Regards,

Evan Oshan

Communication through AVVO does not constitute legal representation. Representation by this law firm can only be established through a written agreement executed by both attorney and client. In the absence of such express representation agreement, this law firm does not represent the recipient or reader and no person or party should rely upon statements, opinions or advice contained herein.


You can search on Avvo for personal injury attorneys who will be willing to give you a free consultation. I would not delay as you generally have a limited time to file your case. Best of luck.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.


Not having all the facts about the case, the best I can recommend is to TRUST your attorney. If you don't feel comfortable doing so, then you should consult with another attorney who will have time to sit down with you and discuss you case in detail. I recommend that you search for an attorney in your hometown using AVVO.

The AVVO response or other communication by Caruso Law Offices does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please call us at 505-883-5000 if you would like to discuss your case in more detail.


Talk to a few attorneys in your area to see what they think about the facts. Most pi attorneys will provide a free consultation, which I do as well. Then you will be in a position to understand your case better and decide how to proceed.

I will evaluate your case for free. I can also refer you to an attorney to help you if I cannot help you. Joyce J. Sweinberg, Esquire 215-752-3732 Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice. It is merely intended to provide general information to aid the poster in finding answers to the problem posed. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. In most cases, it is best to contact an attorney directly to find answers to your problems.


You can find plenty of good attorneys by using Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


When you say your attorney doesn't want to go forward, I presume you mean a reluctance to file a lawsuit. If you have an attorney working on a contingency fee arrangement, in most states there are rules that if you fire one lawyer and hire another, there is no overall increase in fees to you. I would (1) request an immediate face to face meeting with your current attorney to go over your concerns, and (2) if that fails, you can fire one attorney and hire another.



It sounds like you are looking for an attorney to litigate since you are not happy with the offered price. An attorney will have to examine your case to decide if the offered settlement is fair. I assume your attorney think that it is. Ask your attorney to explain why he thinks its fair. I can offer you second opinion.

The response to this question is not intended as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. Mr. Seifeldein has responded based on the limited information provided by the inquirer in this forum. There is a Statute of Limitations applicable in every case and Mr. seifeldein strongly advises that the inquirer seek legal counsel immediately for a complete evaluation of the matter.