Skip to main content

I mistakenly put my residence into a IRRVOCABLE trust. It is actually REVOCABLE. How can I change the offical recording?

San Jose, CA |

No excuse for stupidity! Can I file a Reformation Deed or Correction Deed? Where do I find

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You should be able to use a correction deed if it's merely a scrivener's error. Ask the recorder if they have a sample of the required correction language. You can either rewrite the entire deed, of make the correction on a "Title Page" and attach the original deed for filing.


Hopefully, things will be as simple for you as they were for my client. In regard to your situation the title/escrow company had pre-printed forms and docs that accomplished the task without any cost to my client. I hope they are still available for you.

This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client relationship by providing said information to you on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute, offer, induce, promise, or contract of any kind. The content provided is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. The Law Offices of John N. Kitta makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to its answer to inquiries, and such representations and warranties are being expressly disclaimed. Given limited facts, we are attempting to share relevant information concerning this area of the law as a public service.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer