Skip to main content

I missed my court date for petty theft in Solano county ca & I have a warrant. What should I do?

Fairfield, CA |

I recently was injured in a fall & had a concussion & surgery. I missed/forgot my court date two days ago. What should I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I answered your other question, but this added information helps paint a fuller picture of why you missed your court date. My advice remains the same. Sounds like a pretty good reason, but still be very apologetic.


Warrants don't go away until you get arrested or the judge recalls them.

Get a lawyer and they can likely go to court, present information about your head injury and medical issues and get the warrant recalled. They can then move forward on defending you.

The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case.


I agree. Get your ,epically records that show the injury and plead your case. Consider hiring a lawyer.

David B Pittman

David B Pittman


That should read medical records. Sorry


Hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP, he/she will locate the warrant, redocket it and show the medical records to the prosecutor/judge and it will be recalled/set aside.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer