Skip to main content

I missed my court date ..i requested by latter re schedule my court date but hey declined ??

Redmond, WA |

me and my family applied for asylum and they have gotten approved .mine still unknown when we applied i was over 21 years old. pls help me any idea . and another question this quarter i start attend school which is Seattle Central college and then they said i must pay which is 12 credit over 2000$. does law says that even i have my work permit and SSN.

tnks all of you thank you more info yes my court date was on different date from my parents court date and i missed mine i mean i did'nt attend.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

More information is needed. Did you miss your court date? If not, then you really need a competent and experienced immigration attorney to review the situation. You may be disqualified from asylum if you waited too long to file.

In addition, a State may charge a foreigner out of state tuition, but this depends upon the rules in a particular state. It is best to carefully discuss whether you are a legal resident of the State, which may be different from being a lawful permanent resident green card holder.

I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney as soon as possible so that you avoid losing your rights to in state tuition and possible misunderstanding what you have to prove to an immigration court to be approved for asylum, withholding or a Convention Against Torture Claim. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.



thank you very much


You need to meet with an attorney .... FAST.

School tuition rates are based on people having lawful resident status ... yes the school can do whatever the want with an admissions officer to discuss their tuition structure.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


I am not clear from your question if you had a separate court date from your family you did not attend, or if something else has happened with your situation. You need to consult with an attorney quickly to determine what your options are at this time.


If you missed your court date you are in serious trouble. Why are you mailing letters to immigration? You need to work with an attorney and fast as there are prompt deadlines if you are going to have any chance of reopening your case.
Nicklaus Misiti
Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer