Skip to main content

I married a lady in 1998 who has psychosis problem and I was leading a stressful life, since then. The whole family has the same

Indio, CA |

In Indian culture younger ones are not married unless older daughters are. I married the youngest of the 4 children. The parents have cheated me by saying they are getting married in two months time. Her only brother is in a mental hospital with drug abuse. But they are very influential people as they took away my job, sent me out of house, took my 2 boys whom I loved more than anything else and still loves and finally forced me to leave the country. They put silly false cases on me which even the police was amazed and couldn't find any fault with me. I am a very God fearing man with very high values. Kept on calling them and very often talks to my children. Of course now the frequency of calls is reduced. My parents are very old at least for their sake I requested them to send my kids

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Apologies, but I do not understand the legal issue or legal problem you are having. I am not sure if the space limitations cut you off or not.

Please note - I am providing you with general comments, not legal advice. Nothing in this answer creates an attorney-client relationship nor constitutes legal advice, as I do not know the facts of your case well enough to be able to guide you, nor am I making any promises about the outcome of your case, or any guarantees about my capabilities, skill level, or predicted success. If you would like to retain me to provide you with legal advice, please contact me and we can discuss the engagement.


I am unclear about what you want. However, I can tell you that your Indian Culture, though founded in a great deal of history and tradition, has no legal bearing in family Law in California. That being said, you have parental rights to see and communicate with your children and you should get an attorney here to get that established for you. As for sending the children to India, that may be very difficult to convince a court about that one. You should make plans to come here for a visit after you you get an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer