Skip to main content

I made an error on my N-400 form for Naturalization. What should I do next?

Scranton, PA |

In 2010, I went to Canada for two days. On my application, I accidentally wrote that I went to Canada in August instead of stating that I went in July month. I haven't gone through the Interview process yet, but I don't know what should I do for now.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


When you appear at the interview, first thing you do is tell the officer you made an error.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I agree with my colleague. Let the officer know at the interview that you made a mistake on the date of your trip.


You can fix it at the interview.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.