Skip to main content

I made an accident with a rental car which was rented by my friend, my insurance declined to claim the damages what can I do.

New Haven, CT |

I am an international student,my insurance company declined saying I am unauthorized to drive that car .The insurance companies are sending me letters to pay the damages and I also received a letter from superior court saying that Listed on trial list and scheduled a date, I don't have any money to pay them . I don't know what to do , do i need to attend the pleading , please help me.
I have three options
1.) I am planning to do my Phd from aug 2009 It will take 3 years to
complete.Can i pay later when I get a job after i finished my Phd.

2). If I go back to my country for some time can I come back later ,If yes how long it will take.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


This information is being provided for educational purposes. You really need to spend a couple of hundred bucks and consult an attorney in your area. He/she will give you advice on how to proceed and he/she may be able to help you with your insurance company and coverage.

Good luck


As I am licensed in Florida and Vermont, I cannot comment specifically on Connecticut law. However, there is insufficient information in your question to understand completely as to what claims are being made against you. I respectfully suggest that you immediately contact an attorney in your area and bring all the paperwork to the attorney to review in detail. This may cost you a few hundred dollars, but will probably be well worth it if it avoids a substantial financial problem for you in the future. Do not delay.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer