Skip to main content

I'm wondering if I should plead no contest or not guilty to my owi?

De Pere, WI |

I was charged with an OWI and it's my first. I'm hoping to get my charge lightened if possible as I do not drink and drive, nor do i hardly drink. I really need some advice!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You should definitely plead not guilty, not no contest. If you plead no contest the judge will find you guilty. There are lots of defenses to drunk driving. You should contact a skilled defense attorney immediately.


You need to talk to an experienced criminal defense attorney about this decision on MONDAY!!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


You'll never know if you can avoid the damage of an OWI on your record unless or until you speak to an attorney who knows this area of law. That said, there are no guaranties and the majority of OWIs do result in pleas or guilty verdicts. I suggest at a minimum having an attorney review your case to let you know if he/she sees any fightable issues.

ALWAYS mark answers you appreciate with positive feedback and select a best answer!<p><a href=""> Attorney Nicholas J. Passe</a><p>Disclaimer: Per the community guidelines, no attorney/client relationship is created by the asking or answering of questions on this web site, nor do the answers constitute legal advice. Always hire an attorney before making any important legal decisions. Posting details of a case on may be subject to discovery in criminal or civil litigation, so erring on the side of nondisclosure is wise.<p><a href="">Moen Sheehan Meyer, Ltd.</a>

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer