Skip to main content

I'm victim of kidnapping and murder,I need civil and criminal lawyer to open new case

Sherman Oaks, CA |

I was victim of kiddnaaping 2 month ago,but my detectiv didn't do anything ,I worry about my life so I need answer as soon as possible

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You answer is unclear as to what you want to do. Do you want to sue the person that kidnapped you? You weren't the victim of a murder - unless you're asking the question from beyond. You should contact the police again if you're concerned for your life or the local prosecutor's office. They may be able to help.

This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.


In addition to what Attorney Wills suggested, you can also file for a restraining order against this person.

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at


Contact the District Attorney's Office and ask to speak to the victim's advocate.

There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The likelihood of a positive outcome is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ( Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members:

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.


Sorry but you don't get to "open" a criminal case. Only the DA can file charges after reviewing the appropriate police report. The fact that the detective is not doing anything should tell you something. Either the facts don't support your claim or he is doing further investigation. As for a civil action, I suggest seeking a restraining order against the person who "kidnapped" you because I doubt a civil action will go anywhere. But you can always talk to a civil attorney and explain your case.

The information and legal suggestions made herein do not in any way create an attorney-client relationship. The responses provided herein discuss general principles of law and should not be relied upon by the asker in making legal decisions. Only an attorney who has met with the asker and fully reviewed the facts and circumstances of the asker's individual case should be relied upon for legal advice. If you find my suggestions helpful, please mark the appropriate box as helpful.


This question is better asked of a Private Investigator.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
Southern California Criminal Defense Attorney
(310) 707-7131

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.