Skip to main content

I'm trying to have someone come and visit me in the States and not sure how to go about it

Springfield, MO |

I'm willing to be responsible for their actions. I will have them stay with me at all times..

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration US visas
Attorney answers 3


The steps to be taken will depend on the person's nationality and criminal or immigration history. Assuming they need a visa, you can prepare an invitation letter for them, but the process is usually handled through the US consulate or embassy in the country where they are. I've attached a link to the State Department page on temporary visitors, you may find it helpful. Good luck! - 312.641.0771 - The information above is general in nature and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship between us. It is intended simply as background material, is current only as of its indicated date, and may not include important details and special rules that could be applicable to your case. You should consult an attorney directly before acting or refraining from action.


You can submit an I-134 affidavit of support.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I agree with Attorney Thomann.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.