Skip to main content

I'm trying to find out some answers on how to get a job with a past felony robbery?

Tampa, FL |

Does any one have a idea on what someone can do if they had a felony robbery and trying to get a job? I need a second chance to prove myself so starting off with a job will be a wonderful transition.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I think that robbery is one of those crimes that you cannot get sealed or expunged. If that is actually the case, the only option would be to seek executive clemency, which is very rare and takes an inordinate amount of time. You need to seek out employers who hire felons. Do a few searches on the internet.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,


Keep looking. There are employers out there that will give you a second chance. You just have to have to have the willingness to keep looking. Its not easy but they are out there.

B. Elaine Jones, Esq.


Robbery is excluded from being sealed or expunged (see ) so the only hope that you have at "erasing" it from your record is to petition the Governor's Office for Executive Clemency (see ) - although you should know that the odds are probably about the same as winning the lottery.

Its sad that our pasts have to stay with us but we must strive everyday to be better for it. Keep your chin up and your head straight and I am sure that something will break your way.

Wishing you the best of luck!

First, second and third: No attorney-client relationship exists by virtue of any Q&A with Michael A. Haber, Esq. on Avvo. Fourth: Anything that you post on Avvo (or on similar sites) or on any social media is by its nature public. It is essentially an admission / confession and can be introduced into evidence as a statement against your interest in a subsequent legal proceeding. Once posted you lose any reasonable expectation of privacy, so, as this is an open forum (with no privilege attached), please be extra careful when considering what to post online (forewarned is forearmed.)


This is not a legal opinion by any means, but I would show evidence of rehabilitation beyond doing time. Perhaps volunteer work for a needy segment of the population would be a good fit. Be honest and candid, and explain what you have done to change. there may also be some transitional organizations that assist former felons that can help you.

I am a Florida attorney who practices in the areas of personal injury, criminal defense, and civil rights. You can call me to arrange a free consultation about your case if it is in one of those three areas. My phone number is 407-463-3506. My answers on AVVO do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Your case must be evaluated in full in light of all all its complexities. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertising. Before you decide, ask the firm to send you free written information about the lawyer’s qualifications and experience.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer