Skip to main content

I'm looking for an attorney that is experienced in nursing home/ convalescent home elder abuse.

Los Angeles, CA |
Attorney answers 8


You should not post your personal information in this forum. You should run a "Find a Lawyer" search here on Avvo to locate nursing home malpractice attorneys and/or elder abuse lawyers.


My suggestion is to obtain a copy of the records for the time your mom was at this facility. Then contact a lawyer on Avvo, who is experienced in this area of law. Does your mom have any additional complaints or injuries, other than the bruises on her back? Does she recall how she received these bruises?

Hope this helps and good luck.

Please be advised that the advice provided does not create any attorney/client relationship; that due to the various state laws that the information provided is a general overview of work comp law, which might not be applicable to you, based upon the laws of your state. We will not file anything on your behalf nor protect any statute of limitations which might arise and recommend that you IMMEDIATELY consult legal counsel for advice.


You have come to the right site. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney (10) with a LOW contingency fee, less than thirty percent, so you don't get hurt twice. Good luck.


Sorry for your terrible experience. You have to call the attorney of your choice.


Elder abuse in nursing homes is, unfortunately, as common as it is horrible... and there are plenty of attorneys that focus on these types of cases. Should one feel he or she (or a loved one) has been a victim of nursing home abuse, one should contact an elder abuse or nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse lawyer... those would be some of the key words to use when searching right here on Avvo or other internet sites.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
Attorney at Law, Physician

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy. ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of defective drug and medical device litigation (Actos, Accutane, Actonel, Antidepressants, Avandia, Bextra, Byetta, DePuy Hip Implant, Digitek, Ephedra, Fosamax, Gadolinium, GranuFlo, Guidant Implantable Defibrillators, Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), Ketek, Kugel Mesh Patch, Lipitor, Mesothelioma, Nuvaring, Ortho Evra, Paxil, Pradaxa, Prempro, Prisma Dialysis Recall, Reglan, ReNu with MoistureLoc, Smith and Nephew Hip Replacement, Stryker Hip Replacement, Tequin, Topamax, Transvaginal Mesh, Trasylol, Vioxx, Yaz, Zelnorm, Zimmer Durom, Zyprexa, and More), medical malpractice, personal injury, and real estate law and does so anywhere in the State of California. *** If you enjoy my posts, enjoyed a consultation with me, or are a happy satisfied client, please give me an Avvo recommendation/review.


Because of California state bar rules, you need to contact an attorney of your choice. Use AVVO to find a attorney familiar with personal injury, medical malpractice and elder abuse. Those are th essential areas that will need to be addressed.

Good Luck

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the State of California and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.


Your best bet is to contact lawyers you see on here. A lot of firms, including mine, offer free consultation.


That is very alarming. It is important that you act promptly in selecting a knowledgeable attorney. Being that elder abuse and neglect is a very specific and complicated area of law, you should select an attorney who has extensive experience in handling cases which involve the Elder Abuse and Dependent Adult Civil Protection Act (EADACPA). That attorney will likely recommend that you order your mother's facility records as soon as possible; and, if your mother was at a nursing home/skilled nursing facility when the events occurred, the attorney will also likely suggest that you file a report with the Department of Public Health, which will then go to the facility to investigate your claims. Best of luck, and good for you for being observant and voicing your concerns.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer