Skip to main content

I'm looking for a Pro Bono Atty to file a final appeal in a capital murder conviction.

Livingston, TX |

My brother was convicted of capital murder about 8 yrs ago. He did not kill anyone but was there when it happened. He had no knowledge of the intent of the other parties involved. He has 1 appeal left and I'm trying to find someone who can help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Try the Innocence Project of Texas


Dear ?,

There are no attorneys who do criminal appeals pro bono. As the previous counsel noted, you will have to try to get the case accepted by an innocence project. The contact info for the Texas projects is as follows:

1)Innocence Project of Texas
1511 Texas Avenue
Lubbock, Texas 79401

Phone: (806) 744-6525
Fax: (806) 744-6480

2) South Texas Innocence Project
South Texas College of Law
1303 San Jacinto
Houston, TX 77002
Contact: Catherine Greene Burnett

3)Innocence Project
Thurgood Marshall School of Law
3100 Cleburne Street
Houston, Texas 77004
Shawn M. McDonald, Clinical Instructor
(713) 313-1130 phone
(713) 313-1191 fax

4)Univ. of Houston Innocence Network
100 Law Center
Houston, TX 77204
David Dow
(713) 743-7552

Yours sincerely,
Tim Provis
Cal. Bar No. 104800
Wis. Bar No. 1020123