I'm looking for a lawyer

Lindenhurst, NY |

I want custody of my child . My mind tells me it's worthless and futile to go to my family court judge assigned in my case. He is on a major power trip. So we are going to try another way. Take the decision and power away from him. Let someone else decide other than this animal. I'm interested in 1. Filing for custody in the supreme court -have a neglect petition dismissed and gain custody. Or 2. for you to do a writ of haebus corpus. OR 3. For you to file a 1028 and the appeal. (He's going to deny. He denied me twice). OR 4. file a recussal and a appeal. OR If you do any of these state which one in your answer and leave your law firms name and number. But please be near Lindenhurst NY only. Many thanks.

Use the Find a Lawyer tab above to choose your own lawyer. Good luck!

It would take too much space to provide a proper answer. I suggest seeing a few local attorneys.

Try AVVO find a lawyer tab and speak with friends and relatives for a recommendation.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

If there isn't a current ongoing Family Court case pending then I would recommend going to Supreme Court (assuming you are divorced) with an Order to Show Cause. But this depends on the current status. Asking for the same relief you were just denied in another court will not be successful. Appeals are very expensive and usually not successful due to the discretionary nature of these cases. Call an attorney for a more thorough evaluation.
Howard E. Knispel, Esq.
Commack, NY
631-864-7589

The above is a general answer and is not considered legal advice. You should contact an attorney before proceeding to take any legal action, signing any papers or upon service of a summons. Howard E. Knispel 631-864-7589

Marco Caviglia

Marco Caviglia

Supreme court might just refer it to Family Court though, and the judgment probably says as much

Howard E. Knispel

Howard E. Knispel

The Supreme Court won't send it to Family Court unless there is a current Family Court case.