I'm looking for a consultation with a criminal defense and tax attorney, preferably in one person.

Camas, WA |

I need some answers to specific questions regarding protecting my assets when my separated spouse returns from federal prison camp. Some say I need to speak with a criminal defense attorney; others say I should see a tax attorney familiar with government debt collection. Is there one person who specializes both?

Filed under: Criminal defense

Best Answer

First, go call a Family Lawyer. From there, consider other options (ie. other types of attorneys).

Call me now.
Vr

Paula Brown Sinclair

Paula Brown Sinclair

I think, Mr. Ro, that you will want to review the TOS and Community Guidelines on client solicitation. We don't do it on the Q&A.

Yes, there are criminal defense attorneys that concentrate or are otherwise experienced in defending tax cases.

Any response given is not to be taken as legal advice or to create an attorney client relationship.

Joshua Sachs

Joshua Sachs

Perhaps your tax accountant would know and could refer you to such an attorney.

Thanks. It's actually not a tax matter, but I'm told a tax attorney would be familiar with laws relative to government collection of restitution. Perhaps an accountant would still be a good resource.

Feel free to use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" function. The Q&A is not intended for attorney recruitment (or client solicitation eithes).

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

Yes, I've tried that. Cannot seem to find someone who does both.

I've also tried asking my questions on AVVO and answers tend to be "consult a criminal defense attorney," and "see a tax attorney."

Since you weren't the one in jail, I don't see why you need a criminal defense attorney. If you're trying to protect your assets from the government (in a legal way), you should talk to a tax attorney.