Skip to main content

I m in need of consultation for divorce between Bosnian and Greek citizen with residence for two years here in US..

New York, NY |

I should first consult immigration layer since I m immigrant .After divorce what are my options for staying in the US, since i m now here on behalf of my husband's work permit , not Green Card .I would like to speak with somebody about this matter.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I suggest you contact an experienced immigration attorney. Your situation is not clear based on your question. There are many good attorneys on AVVO. Telephone one of them.


It's a little unclear on exactly what you are looking for but my firm handles simple divorces and immigration in NY.
Nicklaus Misiti
Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You are absolutely right, you should consult an immigration attorney, since this will have an impact on your immigration status. There may be options available to you, so schedule a consultation with myself or one of my colleagues to review your matter and advise you accordingly. Good Luck.

The answers offered here are purely informational and do not create an attorney-client relationship. For more detailed information or to schedule a consultation please contact our office at (718) 924-2896.


You should consult an experienced immigration attorney before filing for divorce. There will be immigration consequences if you divorce your husband as it appears you are a derivative of his status. Our firm has extensive experience handling immigration matters as well as divorce cases.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer