Skip to main content

I'm filling the I-130 form Petition for Alien Relative for my wife. I need help in completing one question please

Mesa, AZ |

The form asks where the relative intends to live, but what if that address is likely to change shortly after being permitted into the US? Once she is allowed to stay we intend to move. We are concerned that if we change addresses immediately after her arrival that the USCIS might not like it or revoke her.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Most non-U.S. citizens must report a change of address within 10 days of moving within the United States or its territories.

To ensure your address is updated, complete firm AR-11. You may also choose to contact the National Customer Service Center (800-375-5283).

Or, you may complete the firm on-line. The following link will provide more info:

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

J Thomas Smith Ph.D.

J Thomas Smith Ph.D.


for now, you may use the address where she would live if you we're not moving.


Don't stress about it ... as my colleague mentioned, after she enters the US and gets her greencard ... she can update her address changes with a form AR-11.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Nothing to worry about. Just put her first address.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Put the address you guys have now, then, after you guys move, you will change it with the USCIS. Good luck.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog: