Skip to main content

I'm being sued for a car accident. What should I do?

Las Vegas, NV |

I was technically at fault, she came after my insurance company (im on my moms policy so we were both named to be sued) after telling the police she was fine, as I was rushed to the emergency room. She lied to the officer saying I hit her even though she hit the side of my car (I can prove it). What should I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Contact your insurance company and let them know you have been sued. The insurance company should hire an attorney to represent you.

If you would like a free consultation, call me at 702-823-3333.


Forward any documents to your insurance company and do what they say. Don't talk to anyone else about it. Relax and have peace in mind knowing that your insurance company will handle it.


Your insurance company will provide a lawyer to defend.


Your insurance company will handle it. Don't be concerned about what the lady does.


Let your insurance company claims department investigate the accident. Direct all inquires & correspondence to your claims adjuster. Do not give any statements to anyone other than your claims adjuster. Good luck

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer