I'm asylum applicant , I had interviewed from 7 months, 29 days (241 days ) , I sent inquiries many times but no answer .

Cleveland, OH |

just today they replied that my application is pending and they will notify me by mail of any decision
relating to my case , so please can you explain why that long time to take a decision ? OR Do you think is it a good or bad sign or what your expectations ? , Please help me .

Asylum cases are quite specific and usually complicated. Generally, the immigration ofticer will look to confirm the testimony you gave. It is best to be patient and consult an immigration attorney.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Many applications are delayed for a variety of reasons including but limited to short staff at the asylum office, some research into your claims and verification of the information you provided.

Be patient as these types of cases can take a long time to be decided. Meanwhile, if you can afford to, hire a good immigration attorney in your area should it become necessary to look into the matter more, or should you eventually want to appeal a possible negative decision (I am not predicting this - based on your scenario, my guess is as good as your own as to whether signs are "good" or not, as you put it - but it is prudent to always be prepared for the next step ahead of time). Good luck!

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.