Skip to main content

I'm an Irish citizen. I wish to become a permanent resident of the US or at least be allowed to live and work there.

Nashville, TN |

I attended college in Arkansas and San Francisco, though left on medical leave.
My student visa was cancelled because of that.
I have many US citizens as great friends who can attest to my character and as such I believe have proven I can integrate well into US society.
I make a living playing music. I write, sing and perform. I would like the opportunity to pursue a career here in songwriting.
I am willing to work hard for everything.
I believe I can add to the ecomomy of the US, as opposed to the general conception that "immigrants steal american jobs and send money home to their families".
My parents are very hard workers who have supported themselves for the past 40 years. I don't think they need my help.
In the land of opportunity and freedom, I would like to have both.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You will need an employer to sponsor you for a temporary visa or permanent residency.


I am Irish also (Limerick), call my office tomorrow for a free consult to go through options available to you.

Caro Kinsella
Attorney & Counselor at Law
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella P.A.
10 Fairway Drive, Suite 134V
Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
Telephone: 954-304-2243
Facsimile: 888-312-9674
Skype: caro.kinsellalaw


Without a petition or an asylum application (although it is probably too late for that) you are in bad shape.

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.


You need a qualifying petitioner.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer