Skip to main content

I'm an author who is a victim of cyber bullying and active campaign to defame me.

Littleton, CO |

I have a few books on Amazon. A girl from Alaska is very actively spreading accusations and lies about me and things she claims I've done. I have a mountain of screen images saved to document her activity. Is there anything I can do to compel here to stop? Is there anything I can do to compel the bloggers involved to stop spreading her false stories?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I am indeed sorry to read of this.

You can institute a defamation lawsuit against her but we are talking about difficult cases that are hard for attorneys to take due to the lack of damages involved.

I would search this AVVO website to see if you can find someone in Colorado that will tackle the case. It will be hard to find someone is my guess.

I wish you luck.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


You can initially get a federal injunction against her to cease and desist and then file a libel and defamation of character lawsuit against her. You definitely need an attorney to represent you as these are incredibly difficult cases to prove, you need to establish damages, and you need to show your financial losses.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.


Why? Did she not receive her book, or she doesn't like the content? Have a local lawyer send her a cease and desist letter

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer