Skip to main content

I'm a US citizen who is getting married to Egyptian girl in Egypt. How do I bring her to the US?

Bayonne, NJ |

I'm originally Egyptian and was US naturalized in April 2013. I'm currently living in the US but I will travel to Egypt for 3 months for the wedding ceremony. What's is the fastest way I can bring my fiancée (future wife) to USA?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

The best option for you would be to apply for a fiance visa for her and bring her here and then get married here, and then apply for adjustment of status for her.

Contact immigration lawyer Gintare Grigaite, Esq. of Grigaite & Abdelsayed, LLC at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey, for a consultation about your immigration case. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.


With a K-1 fiancée visa, as opposed to marrying her first and then trying to bring her.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


The k-1 visa will not work if you get married outside the u.s. as the other attorney said, you must marry within u.s., and in particular you must marry within 90 days of her admittance on the k-1 visa.



Yes, agree. But I'll be getting married anyway in Egypt in July of this year. What USCIS form do I need to file now? Is there any action I should take in the US embassy in Cairo to bring my wife to the United States?


There is no fastest way. There is only one way. You petition her after you get married, she immigrates and travels to the US AFTER the petition has been approved and transferred to Egypt for the visa interview.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer