Skip to main content

I'm a U.S citizen that is a married to an illegal alien. My husband was convicted of a 2nd degree felony.

Houston, TX |

He spent 2 years in a texas prison, but he used a different name and D.O.B also he change his country of birth,on his real name he is clean does he can apply with his real name but he is afraid his finger prints will come up. How can he get legally I'm marry with him and got 3 kids plus one in the way

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


More information is needed in order to determine whether anything can be done for your husband, however any criminal history will be discovered by USCIS and it is a requirement to provide those documents with your applications. I would strongly recommend seeking a consultation with my office or one of the other qualified attorneys on AVVO. Good luck! This is not legal advice as many facts are still unknown, and an attorney-client relationship has not been created.


If he applies for something with immigration, they will run a background check using his fingerprints, so he should not try to cover that up -- it will only cause him even more problems down the road. Talk to an immigration lawyer who can review the details of his crime and his immigration history to give you a better idea of your options.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.


Agree with prior to attorneys. You and your husband need an attorney's assistance with anything you do from here. Every little detail with an immigration case can matter and can make a big difference. The only way you will get the advice you need and can rely on (not just what you want to hear) is by consulting with an attorney. You will not get the advice/information you need on here because your husband's case is already complex with the little information you offered. Please go consult with 2-3 immigration attorneys and get some good advice before you take any actions that might jeopardize your family.

Kara Lien Roberts

Kara Lien Roberts


I mention consult with 2-3 so you get an idea of consistent advice and figure out which attorney you are comfortable with. There is no danger in consulting with attorneys about these matters and it is in your interest to retain one.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer