I'm a permanent resident with condition, we'll remove this on October but my husband is having a affair. Can I lost my residence

Houston, TX |

I text her to asking to leave us alone a few times and she never answer but today she called and said that she will file for harassment; I have all the text msg and none of them said anything bad was only asking to leave our marriage alone..

Best Answer

First - stop contacting her immediately. Second, even if you divorce your husband there is a way to remove the condition through a waiver.

I did Sr and also I have proof of the affair, all the emails between them. Thanks

Stop texting her.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

My colleagues are correct .... DO NOT CONTACT HER WITH TEXT.

Meet with an immigration lawyer to learn about your options.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Actually I send her and apologize text, and now she was just not happy and sounds very serious about filing for and restriction order. This really can affected my immigration process?

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Yes it can be a problem. NO contact means NO CONTACT ... sorry to be harsh but let me say this: DON'T BE STUPID ... don't contact her for ANY REASON.

I agree with my colleagues. First, stop texting her. Second have a consultation with an immigration attorney who can help you file a waiver from the requirement that you must file jointly.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

You can file to lift conditions on your own without your spouse if you are divorced and can show a good faith marriage. Keep copies of these text messaes. They will help you prove good faith.

I agree with the other attorneys that you can have the conditions removed even if your are divorced from your husband, but it is a little more difficult to prove but can certainly be done. You should contact an experienced lawyer here in Houston for both the immigration aspects as well as the divorce. You should do that as soon as possible to prevent any mishaps that can happen with deadlines. It can get very complicated.

Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please contact at the Law Office of Daniel Corno, (832) 767-2922, 1535 South Richey, Pasadena, Texas 77502 elabogadodaniel@yahoo.com, elabogadodaniel.com