Skip to main content

I'm a non custodial parent with a question about my rights to additional time with my kids.

Ashburn, VA |

Our PSA states that I get the kids every Wednesday, and every other weekend. However, for over 3 years now we've agreed that I also get the kids every other Monday. Due to some recent bickering my ex-wife is threatening to take away from me this extra "every other Monday". Is there anything I can do legally to keep this day since it was never in our original PSA but has been in effect for over 3 years? Am I able to sue for joint custody (50/50) were I so inclined?

Would appreciate any advice.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can always go to court and try to modify the custody provisions, including requesting joint custody. However, the kids will be the real losers in any dispute between you and their mother. See if you can tone down the bickering and work things out for their sake.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer