Skip to main content

I'm a 19yr old male from Kentucky with no record. i'm facing a paraphernalia charge (mushrooms) ...Will i go to jail?

Paducah, KY |

The police showed up at the house with a tip there was drugs in the house. They found a plastic tub with mushroom beds (dirt) in it...i was charged with poss. controlled substance 2nd degree, hallucinogen and paraphernalia. i did not have any mushrooms it was just a tub and 4 jars of dirt. but i did admit to the intention of trying to cultivate mushrooms...I was respectful and honest to the police and the arresting officer said he would back me up at court. I plan on pleading guilty to paraphernalia and not guilty to possession of a controlled substance since i didnt have anything to intoxicate or alter the body, like i said just a plastic tub and jars of dirt. Under my circumstances I was wondering if i'm likely to serve jail time.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You should contact an attorney as soon as possible. Even though there are some facts that are favorable for you, you are still charged with a serious crime and you will need an attorney to help you fight it.


You need to hire a criminal defense lawyer in your area ASAP. There may be a diversion program available for first offender. Your lawyer will know what options there are. Get counsel.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer