Skip to main content

I'm a tenant, owners property in foreclosure/S.S.. I think the prop.sold. How do I verify documents I signed for relocate.....

Anaheim, CA |

I'm a tenant, owners property in foreclosure/S.S.. I think the property sold. How do I verify property has sold and verify that the documents I signed with the owners Realtor for relocation assistance were submitted to the bank. Its been a struggle getting information from the Realtor and owner.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The speed with which public records are updated to reflect the new owner on title, after a foreclosure sale, varies from county to county. A faster way, would be to get a hold of the Notice of Sale, which if this is a residential property, should have been posted on your door. If not, ask the realtor to give you a copy, he or she would readily have access to public records. It takes me but two minutes to pull up such records. Look on the Notice of Sale, locate the name and number of the trustee. Call them and ask if the foreclosure sale took place?

Disclaimer: Ms. Kermani is an attorney licensed to practice in California. This post does not constitute legal advice, should not be relied upon as such, and does not create an attorney client relationship. Since each solution is fact specific, please consult an attorney and provide them with all the facts and documents at issue. Only then can you receive legal advice tailored to your specific situation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer