Skip to main content

I'm 70 yo,Disabled ,retired male and need some financial help(Repair/replace Ramp,re-carpet,repair/replace hot water heater).Do

Union City, GA |

On soc. sec.,wife on soc. sec. dis. Are their any agencies that could help?

+ Read More

Filed under: Real estate
Attorney answers 2


You should contact the Area Agency on Aging. In your area, you should contact Legacy Link. It is located at 508 Oak Street Suite 1, Gainesville, GA 30501, (770)538-2650. You can also use the Elder Care Locator to find resources. The national toll free number, which routes the call to your area, is 1-800-677-1116. You might also contact local churches. Many of them will have funds set aside to assist individuals who are in need and many will have volunteers who might do the work.


In addition to many local charitable organizations and churches there are numerous agencies and councils that plan, provide, develop and coordinates services for all people 60 years of age and older. You may start with the Atlanta Regional Commission. This Area Agency on Agency can provide you with information, guidance, and support. I am not sure if they offer assistance in your home repairs. They can also make referrals to local resources.
Atlanta Regional Commission
Cathie Berger, AAA Director
40 Courtland Street, NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone: 404.463.3100
Fax: 404.463.3264
Charles C. Krautler, Executive Director
Phone: 404.463.3110
Aging Connection: 404.463.3333
Planning & Service Areas: Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Rockdale
Disclaimer: I am licensed in GA and FL. Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and you cannot rely on this answer as legal advice. I suggest that you consult with another attorney of your choosing so that he or she may properly evaluate your question through a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. My answer does not create an attorney-client relationship between us.