Skip to main content

I'm 17 years old, I just found out I am pregnant, but my boyfriend is 19 years old, What will happen?

Victorville, CA |

I live in California, and I found out I am around maybe a month or two pregnant. We have been together for 2 months now, I'm scared and I'm really nervous.

I made a mistake, We have been together for almost 2 years now I didn't mean to write 2 months, and also I was pregnant once before but I had a miscarriage, my mother knew about that though. Also he was born in 1994, I was born in 1996.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Tell someone. Your parents or your doctor. As long as there is no abuse, you are entities to privacy under HIPAA.

Your "boyfriend" of 2 months has commited statutory rape.

Neither of you is a full blown adult. This is far more than a legal matter.

All of Ms. Straus’ responses to questions posted on Avvo are intended as helpful information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are not to be relied upon as a final legal opinion. It may not be what you wished to hear, and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Straus is licensed to practice law in California. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state, and retain him or her. Me Straus provides “unbundled” services if you need specific assistance with a specific issue.


I agree with my colleague: at a very young age you are already making terrible life choices that will have permanent implications. Your boyfriend needs to seek an attorney and you need to get proper medical treatment for your child. Beyond that, you need to evaluate the choices you are making.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER HELPFUL PLEASE CAN THANK ATTORNEY MEMMEN BY MARKING IT “BEST ANSWER” or “HELPFUL.” Mr Memmen is donating his time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. THIS IS NOT A CONSULTATION and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. Alexander Memmen recommends that you always consult – in person – with a local attorney before taking any action.


Understandable that you are scared or nervous. You need to get medical care for both yourself and your child. Your boyfriend needs to get a lawyer. People under the age of 18 in California are not legally able to consent to sex.

I am licensed in Pennsylvania. Members of my firm are licensed in various states, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. We handle cases involving personal injury (car accidents slip and falls, etc.,) medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, workers' compensation and social security disability. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer