I'm 17 do i qualify for the dream act ?

Mobile, AL |

i turned this summer 17 and i'm thinking of going in the us and graduate there do i qualify for the dream act or any other services?

You might. It depends on when you entered and at what age you entered the United States. It also depends on whether you left the US for long periods of time. Other issues to consider are whether you have any criminal history issues or history of immigration violations.

I advise a consultation with either an experienced immigration attorney or an accredited not-for-profit agency who can advise you about your case.

The information you obtained at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Asma Chaudry invites you to contact her directly at her office in Edison, New Jersey, and welcomes your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting Asma Chaudry does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to her until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established. asma@asmachaudry.com (732) 662-4125.

I haven't enter the us yet! But i will this month it will be the first time to go to the us is that a problem?

Asma Warsi

Asma Warsi

If you are not in the US now, you are not eligible for DACA. Also as my colleague stated, the Dream Act is not law yet, so whether you would be eligible for anything that might pass depends on what the final version of the law will be.

So if i leave now i won't qualify for anything.so there is no point for me to go to the us that's what you're telling me?

You might. It is best to consult an attorney to review your facts. There is no such thing as the Dream Act currently. There is only DACA.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

There is no dream act.

If you are referring do DACA, whether you qualify cannot be determined from your posting. You need to meet all the requirements. See link below.
http://www.engnishimura.com/immigration-reform/deferred-action-young-immigrants

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

So according to this link its ok that i'm under 16

There are several questions that an attorney would need to ask to determine your eligibility for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). Please feel free to contact us or see the website for more information.