Skip to main content

I'm 17 and live in Newyork, I no longer want to be at home.

Watertown, NY |

I love my family but since my dad deployed everything is going down hill. I can't stand being around them, I hide in my room all day. I am also pregnant and my mother is unaware and I can not bring myself to tell her. I DO NOT want an abortion. I have someone who will take the baby and take care of it. The lady said I can come live with her, I have known her for about three years. I can not support the baby and neither can my family. Can I leave home without being brought home if it is better for my child? Please help I am 6 months pregnant and very scared.. I have thought about suicide multiple times.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

In addition to the advice from the other attorneys, based upon your residence in Watertown, I am only guessing that your father was deployed with the 10th Mountain Division at Ft. Drum. Whether your father is active duty or a reserve soldier on active duty for deployment, you are entitled to legal assistance at the JAG office at Ft. Drum. Call and make an appointment to see an attorney there. Take your dependant ID card with you. They can give you advice and guidance. Either way, I urge you to seek both legal help and psychological help (which may also be available to you at Ft. Drum).

This post does not constitute legal advice. It is meant to provide general education in this topic area. Readers are cautioned that they should consult with an attorney for legal advice specific to their issue. This post does not create an attorney-client relationship. The question and response are publicly displayed in this forum and nothing herein is to be deemed confidential. Mr. Green is available in Nassau County for consultation by calling (516) 345-8080 to make an appointment. Office hours are by appointment only.


Seek immediate professional assistance if you have contemplated suicide. You are under a lot of stress and can use some help. You can also seek legal assistance from your local legal aid office.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


I would move out and stay with the lady who said you can live with her, go to one of those pregnancy counseling centers in your area which helps girls in your position have a healthy baby and assist with having the baby adopted. I'm sure there's one in Watertown, google "pregnant" or "pregnancy" and your zip code. Most of these organizations have names like "pregnancy counseling" or "open arms" and church affiliations and can help you deal with this crisis. Best of luck to you!

This answer is provided under the “Terms and Conditions of Use” (“ToU”), particularly ¶9 which states that any information provided is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and me or any other attorney. Such information is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. In particular, my answers and those of others are not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely solely upon Legal Information you obtain from this website or other resources which may be linked to an answer for informational purposes. You understand that questions and answers or other postings to the Site are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege. The full Avvo ToU are set forth at . In addition, while similar legal principles often apply in many states, I am only licensed to practice in the State of New York and Federal Courts. Any general information I provide about non-New York laws should be checked with an attorney licensed to practice in your State. Lastly, New York State Court rules (22 NYCRR Part 1200, Rule 7.1) also require me to inform you that my answers and attorney profile posted on the site may be considered "attorney advertising" and that "prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome".