I'm residential campus student upstate ny and I missed my court date in Brooklyn NY.I was to appear after completing community

Schenectady, NY |

I'm residential campus student upstate ny and I missed my court date in Brooklyn NY.I was to appear after completing community service...its kind of hard to get a open date to head to NYC considering my class hours and to make matters worse i m waiting on a employment back round employment check for advanced auto...I'm studying auto technology and will be a graduate in 2months the most...I feel I'm in a jamm smh

Call the court and see if a bench warrant was issued or if the case was closed out. If you didn't do the community service there is likely a warrant.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

I Startedthe community servicee but I couldn't finish.I told them I do not live out there...and I was suppose t be starting the military but I went to school instead...is it a way the court can transfer it up here to this county...I know there is a warrant my mother told me they were ather ffrom door...

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

I don't think they will transfer it. Perhaps you can hire a lawyer to try to get the court to convert it to private community service, which would allow you to do it where you are.

Do you think that if my counselor calling the courts out there being a reference with an explanation letting them know I've been in school make a difference...what do you think Mr rothstein?

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

No. You need a lawyer.

Well I'm in a Lowry situation I wish I could hire you and put some money in your pocket but I am a broke student smh

Maybe if this job goes through I will able to...I might be starting an internship in a few weeks...would you believe this is all over a hopped turn style for the train smh

How much do u change for light situations like this

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Please email me directly at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com

Michael J Palumbo

Michael J Palumbo

The stupidity of hopping over a turn stile - smh & lol

Contact your criminal defnse lawyer on Monday to discuss the matter. You do not want a criminal record to impact your employment situation.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

Do you think if my school couseler speaks with them it can be held off alil bit til I graduate in about another 2months

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Speak to your attorney, this is a criminal matter not a school matter.

Michael J Palumbo

Michael J Palumbo

Yea sure, have your school counselor handle this, I am sure he or she is well qualified.

Retain counsel there is now likely a warrant for your arrest.

Regardless of your schedule, you should NEVER miss a court date. Doing so almost guarantees that the judge will issue a bench warrant for your arrest and you run the risk of being incarcerated for typically benign things like speeding, littering or even an open container of alcohol matter.

If you cannot make a court date, hire an attorney to appear on your behalf. Your attorney can stay (hold off) a bench warrant and reschedule the case for a date and time that you can appear.

Good luck!