Skip to main content

I lost my naturalization certificate. What I have to do?

Miami, FL |

Sent my naturalization certificate to get my new passport; but I never received back.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Follow this link:

This message is intended as general information and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested to speak with me directly, please contact me at 604-671-7600.


Hard to believe. passport office always returns the naturalization certificate alongside the newly issued passport.

You'll need to file for a replacement certificate with USCIS. Go to to see the Form needed and the fee to be paid.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


If you want a duplicate naturalization certificate, you will need to file form N-565 with USCIS. If you have your passport, that is evidence of citizenship. Good luck.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You consult the DOS first and demand the certificate back Ask for a response in writing; Then you make a police report and then you file for a replacement with USCIS with a fee waiver requires

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer