Skip to main content

I lost my job 1 1/2 years ago,my teenage children live with dad. Will c.s. be based on my husband's income or mine @ min.wage?

Morgan Hill, CA |

My children now live f/t with my ex. I cannot find suitable work aside minimum wage jobs, what will support be based off of if I have no income? My husband provides for me and our children, will his income be used and if so how much? We are in the negative now each month with our bills and are in jeopardy of losing our home. My ex seems to think we are rolling in the dough.

Also, the unemployment I was receiving has run out.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Child Support is based on your income and expenses, your exes income and expenses, the time the kids spend with each parent, and the financial needs of the children. Your new husband's income and expenses will not be a major factor.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.