Skip to main content

I lost my home because workers comp stop paying me because they said I was seeing a doctor provider network what do I do

Hesperia, CA |

My attorneys sent me to this doctor and I had been seeing him ad getting paid for more than 6 months. Then they just stopped without notice. I have now lost my home and about to lose my car what do I do

I cannot get past my attorneys legal secretary to speak with him

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You need to contact your attorney immediately. The carrier cannot stop TD payments without a good reason.

Brett A. Borah

Brett A. Borah


Treating with a doctor outside of the MPN may be that good reason. Talk to your lawyer.



But the attorney is the one who sent me to the doctor in the first place. And why would the workers comp continue to pay for 6 months if it was the wrong doctor?


You've got to get in and have a sit-down, face-to-face with your lawyer. Tell the secretary that if you don't get a meeting, you will change lawyers. That ought to get his attention.


Your question is a bit unclear, but are you saying that the stated the reason they stopped the TTD is because you were treating with a non-MPN doctor? You should meet with your attorneys as soon as possible, and go over the situation with them. They will be in the best position to advise you here.


Speak to your attorney. If you cannot get to see him olr at least speak to him by phone, get another attorney.


I agree with Mr. Borah. You need to speak with your attorney right away. In the meantime, apply for EDD (state disability insurance).

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer