Skip to main content

I lost my drivers license 5 years ago for no car insure. I live in Ga . What do I have to do to get it reinstated .

Winder, GA |

I have payed off all fines and probation for this violation.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


Talk to a criminal defense attorney in Georgia about the process.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


This should help:


Cal the Department of Motor Vehicles in Georgia or go to a local office to see where you stand.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


Let's talk it out and/or I could refer you to another criminal defense attorney to assist you with this stale malum prohibitum offense.

Sam Levine, Esq.
(404) 303-8875


Call the department of motor vehicle safety to discuss the current status of your license. Give yourself some time, as you may be on hold for a while. They can tell you what their records show in terms of reinstatement requirements and/or whether enough time has lapsed to the point that you need to re-take your drivers test. Going to the local licensing office can do the same, but calling will save you some time.

The above information is general in nature. In order to obtain more specific and legal advice upon which to base your important decisions, please contact our office directly for a free phone or in person consultation. Robert M. Gardner, Jr. Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP 53 W. Candler St. Or 718 Oak St. Winder, Ga. 30680 Gainesville, Georgia (770) 307-4899 (770) 538-0555 serving metro Atlanta and all of Northeast Georgia Bankruptcy, Divorce, Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation, Medical Malpractice, Adoption, Civil and Criminal Litigation


Contact your State Department of Motor Vehicles and advise them you have paid for all fines and probation and, I assume, have paid for all of the damages you caused while uninsured.They can tell you how to reinstate your license.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


The telephone number for the Department of Drivers Services is (678) 413-8400. A consult with a local attorney may help as well. Many attorneys that practice drivers license law will know how to contact one of the attorneys for the department that may help answer your question if the direct phone line or the website listed by other attorneys do not yield any results. I would be happy to consult with you regarding this issue. Good luck.