Skip to main content

I lost my apartment due to becoming disabled and became homeless. I was denied access to services to prevent homelessness.

San Jose, CA |

By agencies that are funded by HUD to provide homeless & prevention services via rental assistance and supportive services refused to help me access public benefit programs that might have helped me save housing.I belong to the protected classes and feel that I can prove that the providers funded and gave same services that I was seeking .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

I handle personal injury and medical malpractice. I cannot discern what claims you may have. I would recommend that you contact legal aid of Santa Clara County. I provided a link below. They should be able to give you legal advice and perhaps represent you.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the State of California and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.



You are correct that there are HUD programs available to assist you obtain housing. You should let HUD know that these agencies were not able to help you and that you need help now.

Following is the address and phone number of the closest HUD office to San Jose. It is located in San Francisco:

San Francisco Regional Office

Dept. of Housing and Urban Development
600 Harrison Street, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94107-1300
Phone: (415) 489-6400

In addition I attached a link to the National Housing Law Project in California. They assist disabled individual with housing [When you go to the website, go down halfway down the page ].

Good luck.


Contact HUD on Monday

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.