Skip to main content

I live in USA for 3 years. How can i get a green card?

Houston, TX |

i have H1B visa and lives in USA for 3 years. i'd like to have green card but the company that i work won't apply it.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You will need a new employer who will sponsor you or an immediate family member to pursue a green card.


You will need an employer or a qualifying family member who sponsors you. Depending on your counrty of origin you can also participate in the DV lottery.


I agree with my colleagues. You just need to pursue other alternatives then.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


Find a new employer or consult with an attorney regarding alternative avenues for a Green Card.

Patrick Caston Crowley, Esq. (718-769-6352) Law Offices of Marina Shepelsky, P.C. 2306 Coney Island Avenue, 2nd Floor Brooklyn, NY 11223 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


YOu can continue working for your present H-1B petitioner while pursuing alternative ways of applying for the green card - through emloyment-based immigrant petition filed by a willing employer or family-based immigration. Seek legal help too.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:


I agree with my colleagues.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer