Skip to main content

I live in Texas and discovered I have a 29 yr old bench warrant in OK for a failure to appear misdemeanor. How do I remedy?

Frisco, TX |

I was 20 years old and both of my parents has just died six months prior , and as I recall I was ticketed for driving on a suspended / expired license . What is the best course of action to remedy this ? I am a paralegal in Texas and was doing research for a client and accidentally discovered this .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Contact a criminal defense attorney in Oklahoma, preferably one who regularly practices in the county where you have a warrant. If it is a remote area with few attorneys who practice criminal defense, you will still need to hire an attorney who is licensed in Oklahoma. What an unfortunate surprise.

Katherine Shipman's response to your question is for general information purposes only. Nothing in this response should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.


Hire a lawyer and let them help you sort this out.


Hire a criminal defense in Oklahoma. There is most likely a Speedy Trial issue, which will require an attorney to help you address.