Skip to main content

I live in some apartments and my ceiling in my bathroom leaks constantly and there is a leak over my 18 month old sons bed.

Midland, TX |

everytime it rains it leaks on him i have fell in my bathroom my son has and my roomate has it has ben goin on for about 4 months now and they have not done anything about it. is there anything i can do legally?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Contact board of health, building department, ? Good luck

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


Mr. Adams has advised you correctly

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.


In addition to contacting the health department, you may want to hire an attorney to write a letter on your behalf to the landlord, letting the landlord know that the terms of your lease are being violated and you may be pursuing legal remedies as a result!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


Call the management office to resolve


Your landlord has a duty to repair, but you must request it in writing. Send the request by certified mail return receipt requested.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer