I live in pa.my child custody lawyer is not helping me in my case can i fire himif i have a court hearing that day?

Apollo, PA |

Best Answer

The danger of firing an experienced family law attorney while you are in front of the judge is that you may say or do something that is extremely detrimental to your custody case. The benefit of having a family law attorney is that the attorney can assist you in framing your arguments in the best light possible for the Court. Good luck with your legal issue.

You are always entitled to choose your attorney and if you cannot work with your current attorney then you can discharge them. The best time to make a change if one in necessary usually isn't when you are in front of the judge. Try to deal with this beforehand. You can search the attorney profiles here on AVVO to find an attorney in your area. Good luck!

Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: marykatherinebrown@hotmail.com. All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.