Skip to main content

I live in PA and travel to AL to work 8 times a year. Can I deduct travel expenses getting to&while in AL? I am self-employed.

Pittsburgh, PA |

My gross income is less than $8,000, and my travel costs are around $3500. Other deductible expenses total $1200, so my net income (at least what I take home) is pretty low.

I do not work in PA. Would AL considered my "tax home"? Are travel expenses non-deductible if I am traveling to my tax home?

+ Read More

Filed under: Self-employed workers
Attorney answers 1


Most likely yes you should be working with a CPA and keeping track of all your expenses with a log and receipts.

This is not legal advice nor intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided here is informational in nature only. This attorney may not be licensed in the jurisdiction which you have a question about so the answer could be only general in nature. Visit Steve Zelinger's website:

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer