Skip to main content

I live in O.C but I want to hire a lawyer from LA , does it matter., I want to file in O.C?

Irvine, CA |
Attorney answers 3



NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.


The Court's only concern is that the attorney is licensed to practice law in the State of California. Many litigation lawyers handle cases up and down the state.

If you are comfortable with your lawyer from LA and that lawyer is indeed licensed in California, then that is the lawyer you should hire.


The superior court does not care where the lawyers office is. Many LA lawyers practice in orange county.